The following infractions are nullified in the event the commercial motor vehicle driver possesses the proper overweight/oversize permit.
- Any Combination vehicle shall not weigh more than 80,000 pounds Gross vehicle weight
- Any straight truck/box truck shall not weigh more than 40,000 pounds Gross vehicle weight
- No cargo is to exceed the limits of the length, width or height(13 feet, 6 inches) of the trailer without proper permit.
- Max height of a standard Semi can not Exceed 13 Feet 6 Inches (standard Dry Van/ Trailer)
- Violations of Penal Code 1305 are an infraction punishable by a fine of
- $234 and 2 points for being 0-1000 lbs overweight
- $550 and 5 points for being 1001-5000 lbs over
- $1,000 and 10 points for being 5000 lbs or over
$2,000 and 10 points for cargo exceeding length, width, or height of trailer. In the event the vehicle is overweight, the vehicle will be placed Out of Service until the excess weight is offloaded at a location deemed capable of handling such an issue