Jump to content




1301. Commercial Drivers Licenses

  • The licensee shall have the valid commercial driver’s license issued to him or her in his or her immediate possession at all times when driving a motor vehicle upon a highway.
  • You must have a CDL to operate:
    1. Any single vehicle used to transport cargo or goods - (this would be a large dump truck, box truck, or similar vehicle.)
    2. Any combination vehicle - (this would be a semi truck or tractor-trailer as it is also called.)
    3. A vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver) city or long haul buses.
    4. The following special endorsements must also be obtained for commercial vehicles where applicable:
      1. E endorsement (explosive materials)
      2. H endorsement (hazardous materials)
      3. N endorsement (tanker vehicles)
      4. P endorsement (passenger vehicles)
      5. T endorsement (double and triples)
      6. X endorsement (Combination covering both Tanker and Hazardous Materials)
  • NOTE: Individuals obtaining a CDL are subject to administrative stops and must produce the documents required under Title 10. By applying for and obtaining a CDL, operators understand that protections given to them as a private citizen are not guaranteed while operating a commercial vehicle and that routine and/or random inspections are necessary for the safety of the roads being traveled. 

- Violations of Penal Code 1301 is a MISDEMEANOR. If hauling hazmat or passengers, infraction becomes a FELONY. A commercial vehicle that is being driven by someone without a valid commercial driver’s license and/or proper endorsement MUST be impounded.

  Report Code

  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy